“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.
Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.
Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
They somehow already know what you truly want to become.
Everything else is secondary.”
One of my favorite quotes lately that I read and re-read…”follow your heart and intuition”. I have done that in most parts of my life and have succeeded with happiness. Most.
Then I I realized today that writing a blog is like artwork…you need to be inspired. When I felt like I had no direction, I came across a list that I wrote down (from where I can’t remember) and thought I would share for a little inspiration. This is definitely a list I will elborate on later:
How we look and feel is a result of how we live and how we live is a product of everything we do. Go to work, cook, clean, work out, errands…busy, busy. But do you keep your personal commitments to yourself? And of those personal commitments, which is the most important to you? Are you willing to sacrifice other unwanted, but committed, parts of your life to make room for this important part of your life. So how do you get to that point in your work life or personal life or healthy life?…follow these steps:
1. Look for someone that has the life you want to live or the career you want to have.
2. Know when your time is up. You will know if something is forever or for a short time. If you feel it is time to move on from a situation then it is.
3. Make a clean break from your current situation. Yeah this would be the hardest for many to do, but sometimes if this is never done you will never pursue your passion.
4. Make a point to tell yourself, write down and tell others what your intentions are. This gets the wheels rolling and keeps you focused.
5. Be brave…life will not end when you make a drastic change. We all know it is easier to stay in a unhappy situation than to endure something where the outcome is unknown. It’s why you stay in jobs and relationships even though it makes you unhappy.
6. Create opportunities for yourself. Seek, explore and give it a try. Put yourself out there…if you don’t you won’t succeed. If you don’t create your own opportunity you will end up doing what someone else wants you to do…again.
7. You cannot succeed how you truly want if someone controls your time and actions. This applies if you are indeed an independent person and success comes on your own terms.
8. Do not perfect something you do not like to do. This is where you again get stuck. This also means not saying yes to every offer that comes to you if you are indeed not interested.
9. If you want to change your life, don’t just do something different…BE someone different. Take a leap to that new you.
10. Run with that passion of yours whatever it is. This is your time to make it succeed. Solve a problem, provide relief to other’s problems, find a platform to build upon and be everywhere. Change your attitude, your goals and your life. Create that happiness. Love and be loved.
Live your “un-lived” life!